Tuesday, 18 May 2010
Oil for frying
2 teaspoons black sesame
6 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons mirin
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1.5 tbsp water
1. Cut sweet potato into bitesize pieces & Soak in salt water for 1o mins.
2. Put oil into a deep fry pan, add potato to room temperature oil and cook.
3. At the same time add the sugar, mirin, soy and water in a small saucepan, heat until they thicken a bit.
4. When the sweet potato is cooked through (check with a bamboo skewer) and has a slight brown tinge on the outside, put into a new pot.
5. Pour the syrup over the top and sprinkle black sesame seeds.
http://recipe.gourmet.yahoo.co.jp/E100204/ The recipe comes from here, it's in Japanese, but it has some pictures :)
This recipe is much better.