Friday 15 March 2013

Snow in Odate

It snowed while in Odate.
It snowed a lot...
On the last day it stopped snowing enough to take a shovel to the snow pile.
Cherry blossoms are out in Fukuoka;  Tohoko and Hokkaido... snow, snow, snow.
This is a video of snow in the backyard.  Apparently it has melted a lot - it had been almost to the roof.  The wood against the side of the house is to keep the snow out...
The pictures below the video are of Hiro's niece's school on graduation day.   They had made a good effort to have the carpark clear, but there is to the number of places you can put the snow.  At this time of the year the snow tends to be quite dirty... months of shovelling take their toll.








2 comments:

Rurousha said...

I look at the perfect blue day outside my window, and then I look at your photos and videos ... and I quietly bless Tokyo.

It really *is* a perfect day today. A walkpedition is about to happen. I just have to decide where. :)

Cecilia said...

Yes...

Enjoy your walk. I am glued to my chair today making materials... Australian Studies today, what a bogus subject...